Alicia Keys Drops New Song 'Speechless'

Motherhood has put Alicia Keys in the mood to write new songs. Hubby Swizz Beatz debuted Keys' latest, "Speechless," on his website as part of his Monster Mondays.

The ballad samples Kanye West's "Devil in a New Dress" and finds Keys doing what she does best: singing about love. "I'm at a brand-new time in my life and a brand new feeling, and it's like this little guy, man, he takes my breath away," Keys says before starting the first verse. The piano-heavy tune gets funky once the chorus kicks in.

On the chorus, the R&B singer expresses her joy over the new love of her life, singing, "Makes you speechless, baby/ Don't know what to say/ I'm just speechless, baby/ The poet in me has gone away."

Midway through the track, Eve makes an appearance. The tough rapper shows her soft side, spitting rhymes like, "In the morning when I rise up/ Go to the window and I smile, put my eyes up/ Stare in the clouds, like, 'Wow, look at my luck.' " Keys finishes the track with the song's chorus. She laughs, "You take my breath away," as the song fades out.

In a video posted on the site, Keys opens up about writing the song, saying, "I always start writing at the piano, because I just feel like it's the best way to get the song out. It makes me take everything else away, and it just makes me, like, I get into it."