Alicia Keys – “Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart”

I should probably start this off by mentioning out how lovely it was to be reminded of the fact that Alicia Keys can deliver a fairly amazing track from time to time. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not not into Alicia Keys. It’s more that I just… you know… sometimes forget about her. Like the rest of the world, I absolutely LOVED Fallin’ when it came out all those years ago, and when she pops up occasionally on my musical radar (say, in songs like Empire State Of Mind)

I always think to myself “Oh yes, Alicia Keys. She’s quite good, isn’t she?” but I simply don’t think about her a lot when she’s not literally in the middle of singing a song in front of me.

But oh! Happy day! That dude who made the mix cd I told you about earlier included Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart on his compilation, with a short note saying “not ashamed to say that this song was in my head for at least a month. Honestly. I don’t like the whole thing, just the first minute and a half”.